Thursday, January 31, 2019

January Stories I Ate This Month

Movies

  •  Night School
    • My friend and I wanted to watch something light-hearted and funny one night so we rented Night School because it had both Tiffany Haddish (whom we love) and Kevin Hart (whom I find hilarious). It was exactly what we expected it to be, not some cinematic masterpiece but it had a decent plot and flowing storyline. 
    • B 

TV Shows

  • Brooklynn Nine-Nine (season 1)
    • I had heard a lot of good things about Brooklynn 99 and so I decided to watch it from the beginning. I had previously just seen random episodes when there was nothing else on TV that interested me. I'm so glad I started it because now I have a new obsession!
    • A+
  • Brooklynn Nine-Nine (season 2)
    • A+
  • Brooklynn Nine-Nine (season 3)
    • A+
  • Brooklynn Nine-Nine (season 4)
    • A+
  • Brooklynn Nine-Nine (season 5)
    • Now I am all caught up and am able to watch season 6 as it comes out every week! So pleased with this development. 
    • A+
  • Thirteen (season 1) 
    • Once I finished Brooklynn Nine-Nine, I needed something else to binge. I decided to browse tv shows included with my Amazon Prime Video membership. Thirteen is a BBC thriller show. It has kept me on the edge of my seat, for sure.
    • A

 Audiobooks

  • Becoming ~ Michelle Obama
    • Although Michelle ruined my hopes that she would run for the presidency in 2020 or ever for that matter, I am so happy with this book. I loved that she read the audiobook as well because as I've said before that always adds so much authenticity. Despite the disaster that is our political climate right now, she gave me hope that things will get better if we work hard enough we will get back to the days of Obama. 
    • A+

Books

  • Escaping from Houdini ~ Kerri Maniscalco (the third in the Stalking Jack The Ripper Series)
    • Another incredible installment to this series! I am beyond excited to follow Audrey and Thomas on their next adventure in the final book coming out this year. 
    • A+
  • The Complete Persepolis ~ Marjane Satrapi
    • Graphic novel memoirs are not something that I read often but I'm so glad that I read this one. It gave me some major insight on the Iranian Revolution. 
    • A+
  • Crazy Rich Asians ~ Kevin Kwan
    • I have been thinking about reading this ever since I realized how well the movie did. Now I want to watch the movie because the book was so unique. I loved that it was set in Singapore (a country I know very little about) and that the characters used their native language often. I really loved the family dynamics though, even though I hated some of the characters with a passion.
    • B+


No comments:

Post a Comment