Thursday, December 6, 2018

November Stories I Ate This Month

Sorry for being a few days late on the update guys! It's the end of the semester and I have so much work it isn't funny.

Movies

  • Daddy's Home 2
    • This was a pretty funny movie. I never saw the first one but I didn't feel lost at all watching this one. It was a really funny, family friendly Christmas movie with a great cast. 
    • A
  • Wonder Woman
    • I know, I know. How hadn't I watched this before? I don't know. It was so fucking good. I was in the middle of helping my aunt pack and watching my cousins so I do feel like a lost out on some of it, so I need to watch it again. 
    • A
  • Alvin & The Chipmunks: Roadchip
    • For as obsessed as my little sisters were with the chipmunks when we were growing up, I had no idea that this film existed. It brought back a lot of memories and the kids that I was babysitting loved it. 
    • A
  • Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them
    • I can't believe that this was my first re-watch of this film. I loved it just as much as the first time I watched it. It was a great and much-needed refresher before seeing the sequel. 
    • A+
  • Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
    • The fucking ending though! I am so fucking confused and ready for the next one! I need to know more! I have so many questions. Oh and Newt Scamander is a fucking genius and he happens to be portrayed by Eddie Redmayne, actor extraordinaire. Young Dumbledore was also such a great character. But Credence is a __________! WHAT?! I will be in my bed, contemplating the world that I love so much for the next two years while we await the next installments. 
    • A+ 


Books
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol 2 - Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol 3 - Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
    • I am slowly making my way through these comics before I watch the Netflix adaptation of them. However, they are so fucking creepy and so far from the show I grew up with. Still pretty good though. 
    • B+
Audiobooks

  • Breaking Free: How I Escaped My Father-Warren Jeffs, Polygamy, and the FLDS Cult - Rachel Jeffs
    • This was so incredibly heartbreaking, hope-filling, gut-wrenchingly inspiring. Rachel experienced so much and was emotionally, physically, and sexually abused throughout her entire life. Yet, somehow, she managed to escape all of that pain and abuse with her children in hope of a better life. I sure hope she and her family are able to live the life that they deserve and that Warren Jeffs never sees the light of day. 
    • A+

No comments:

Post a Comment