Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February Stories I Ate This Month

School has been very intense this month and I haven't been able to consume too many stories but the ones that I have had time for have been really good!

Movies
  • Black Panther
    • Such an amazing superhero movie! Actually, just an amazing movie in general! Prior to seeing it, I didn't know much about it and I am glad that I went into seeing it that way. It made it all the more incredible. Also, as I'm sure you have seen all over social media, it has been great for the African American community, especially the children to see people who look like them on the big screen, celebrating African cultures, etc. 
    • A+

TV Shows

  • Smallville (season 1)
    • I have been obsessed with superhero related things the past few months, as you can see by my last Stories I Ate This Month. Therefore, I decided to watch this old tv show from the early 2000s which is on Hulu. I'm loving this version of Clark Kent/Superman/Man of Steel.
    • A+


Audiobooks

  • Promise Me, Dad - Joe Biden
    • I cried,  a lot. There will be a review going up on April 2nd. It has been scheduled already. Also, #Biden2020. 
    • A+
  • Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness - Susannah Cahalan
    • This chronicles Cahalan's life as she goes mad, gets the proper diagnosis of a rare auto-immune disorder, and recovers. Very interesting. 
    • A+

Books

  • I Am Not Your Mexican Daughter - Erika L. Sanchez
    • It was slow going in the start but the whole story was really interesting to follow and I really felt for Julia. 
    • B-

No comments:

Post a Comment