Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Stories I Ate in February & March

Movies

  • Rent Live
    • I was excited to see this rendition of the classic musical (although I have never seen the original). I really enjoy most of Fox's live musicals and this one was no exception. The cast was amazing, the quality of the production was incredible, and of course the story line and music had so much integrity. 
    • A+

TV Shows

  • Queer Eye - season 2
    • I had previously watched season 1 over the summer with one of my best friends who was trying to get me into the show. For whatever reason, I didn't continue until recently. And I loved every minute. 
    • A+
  • Queer Eye - season 3
    • Just as good, if not better, than the previous seasons. I loved that they were in KC, it gave a different tone to the show. 
    • A+

Books

  • Words on Bathroom Walls - Julia Walton
    • The story was intriguing. I liked how mental illness was depicted, especially the relationships of people with mental illness and those that they care about. 
    • B
  • Lucky - Alice Sebold
    • From the very first page, I knew that my heart was going to be all over the place while reading this. In all honesty, if it was not for a class, I don't know if I would have continued after the first chapter. Those pages threw me into a bit of a panic attack. It was very vivid. However, I am glad that I continued. It gave me an interesting and valuable perspective on how rape is handled, by the criminal justice system, by the victims, but also by the families and friends of those victims. 
    • A+
  • On The Come Up - Angie Thomas
    • I was so scared that this would not hold up to THUG; however, I was not disappointed. It was incredible and I want a movie version sooooooo bad. 
    • A++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment