Wednesday, October 3, 2018

September Stories I Ate This Month

Sorry for posting this a few days late but happy Mean Girls Day!

It was a really lousy month for me in terms of stories. I was super busy with college and babysitting that I just didn't have the time to read or watch or even listen to anything. However, this month should be pretty good. I am going to try really hard to read as many spooky books as I can, maybe even finally crack open one of my Harry Potter illustrated editions for fun!

Movies
  • Cheaper By The Dozen - rewatch
    • Just as good as I remember it being. 
    • A+
  • Cheaper By The Dozen 2 - rewatch
    • Not as good as the first movie, but still one of my favorite childhood movies.
    • A
  • Scooby-Doo: The Movie - rewatch
    • Who doesn't love Scooby-Doo!?
    • A
  • Set It Up - Netflix original
    • This was a really cute rom-com that I was pleasantly happy to watch. Plus, the ending was really cute.  
    • A+
Books
  • Heretics Anonymous - Katie Henry
    • Such a unique and interesting read. It reminded me of a Breakfast Club in a Catholic school. It gave a really interesting take on tolerance and acceptance of differing religions, sexualities, and perspective. 
    • A+
  • Notes From My Captivity - Kathy Parks
    • This was very different from anything I have ever read before. When I picked it up, I wanted a YA thriller style book (because fall and I just really wanted it to be October). It definitely served its purpose.
    • A
  • Any Man - Amber Tamblyn
    • This was such an interesting read for me, as it was taking an issue so close to home for me as a woman, sexual assault, and flipped it on its head. This story chronicles the fictional lives of male sexual assault victims of a female serial rapist. So compelling. Finished it in 2 sittings. 
    • A+

No comments:

Post a Comment