Sunday, August 12, 2018

Personal Update



I haven't posted in a while and before I took a break, I wasn't posting regularly. I have read a lot of books and will be doing a Stories I Ate This Month (summer version) soon. And I want to write a few book reviews as well. However, this summer was very difficult for me and I needed the break.

At the beginning of the summer, I moved in with my Grandma in order to help care for my Grandfather. When I originally moved in, he was still getting up on his own, using a cane. However, he declined very quickly. He had been suffering from COPD for a while and had been slowly declining for a few years. However, he still had some good days. Soon, even those good days became nonexistent. For the last few weeks of his life, he was completely bedridden and suffering. We were going by his wishes to keep him home with no other interventions except Hospice in order to keep him comfortable. At the end of July, we lost him. Prior to his passing, I wasn't leaving the house very often. I wanted to be there in case he or my grandmother needed me. After losing him, I have just been trying to understand the world without him in it and trying to take care of my grandmother now. She is 20 years younger than him and has been with him since she was 18. She has spent more than half of her life with him and doesn't know what to do without him in her life. Therefore, I want to make sure she is taking care of herself before I head back to university.

Since he left this world, I have found a lot of solace in books. Entering a new world or dealing with a fictional character's fictional problems have helped me distance myself from what I am feeling. It may not be healthy at all times but it is how I am dealing with everything at the moment. Due to using books as an escape I have read quite a bit in the past few weeks, even with working. Therefore, my wrap up at the end of the summer will be pretty extensive and I have some reviews that I will be writing before I start school at the end of the month as well.

I want to get back into blogging again and move forward with my life a bit; however, I would appreciate all of your kind thoughts and encouragement at the moment as well. I am so excited to be interacting with you again.

I have my twitter(@abookishtweet), my Goodreads (@abookishgoodreads), and my Instagram (@abookishinsta) which used to be my personal Instagram but I have since changed it to a more book related Instagram. Follow me on those platforms and feel free to interact with me! I would really love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment